Beginning on June 15th, Apple started requiring users to utilize app-specific passwords to access data using third-party apps.
Below you will find the step-by-step instructions on how to import from Apple:
- Navigate to Appleid.apple.com from your web browser and sign in with your Apple ID and Password.
- Verify your identity with two-factor authentication.
- Under the Security section, select Generate Passwords.
*If you do not see the option to generate app-specific passwords, you will need to enable two-factor authentication, which is different from two-step verification. Follow the steps under two-factor authentication “Get started.”
- Enter a label for the password. Such as “Google Contacts Import”
- Copy the app-specific password generated.
- Utilize this password for your import into Gmail.
Within Gmail you’ll need to follow these steps and utilize your app-specific password when prompted:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right-most side of the Gmail interface and then select “Settings”.
- Under Accounts and Import select Import mail and contacts.
- Enter your account email address and then select Continue.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
- Click Start import.