What exactly happens with the original account?

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum What exactly happens with the original account?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Blanca 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Diego
    Participant

What exactly happens with the original account, is it full and do I need to free up space, is it possible to create another one and transfer the emails to later delete them in the original account?

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Diego,

I am Blanca from Shuttlecloud, we are partnered and integrated within Gmail & Google Contacts to provide email & contacts import.

You can import emails and contacts to your new Gmail account from your old account following the steps in this article: https://help.shuttlecloud.com/how-do-i-import-email-from-another-email-account-into-a-gmail/

Importing contacts and emails to a new account does not mean you will loose them from your original one, it is simply a method of transferring them to your new account. Once the import is complete, it is up to you if you want to delete your old account or not, as you will already have the emails and contacts in your new one.

I hope this was useful! Please let me know if you have any other questions about the process.

Thanks,
    Blanca.

Diego
    Participant

HOW TO TRANSFER E-MAILS ONLY FOR 2016 FOR BACK, FOR EXAMPLE? THANKS FOR YOU ATENTION 🙂

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Diego,

There is currently not an option available to select the emails you want to import from your old account, I´m very sorry for the inconveniences this may cause!
    What I would recommend you to do is to create a new label and put in all the emails from 2016 onwards that you do not want to have in your new account, proceed to import all your emails to your new account and then eliminate this label from your new account so that you only have the ones you want.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Blanca.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.