Trouble when Importing Contacs from iCloud to Google

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum Trouble when Importing Contacs from iCloud to Google

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Blanca 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Andre
    Participant

I tried to import Contacts from iCloud into Google. I followed steps from Google Support (https://support.google.com/contacts/answer/1069522?hl=id&visit_id=636717982969983848-3070162684&rd=3). It started fine, but few seconds later the process halted. The notification said “Something’s Not Right…”.
    I tried several times, but the problem persists. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Andre!

I am Blanca from ShuttleCloud.

My suggestion would be you tried to import your contacts to your Gmail account through a VCard. In order to do this, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Sign in to iCloud at icloud.com, and select “Contacts” to access your contact information.
    Step 2: On your contact page, hold Ctrl+A to select all of your contacts, and click on the “setting” icon on the bottom left corner, and click on “Export vCard”, to export all of your contact information.
    Step 3: Sign in to your Gmail account, and select “contacts”.
    Step 4: Go to the old version of Google Contacts by selecting “Go to the old version” on the left hand side of the bar.
    Step 5: Select “More”, and click on “import” to import your contact vCard file.
    Step 6: Now click on “choose file”, and select the previously exported vCard file of your iCloud contacts. Then click on “import” to import the file.

Now you will see the imported contacts on Gmail. Click on “Find & merge duplicates” to complete the merging process of your data.

Please let me know if this helped and you were able to import your contacts!

Best,
    Blanca.

Andre
    Participant

Hi Bianca,
    Thank you for your advice. I have followed it and succeed.

Regards,

Andre

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Andre,

Great! I´m happy it worked!

Let me know if you have any other questions about email and/or contact migrations and I will be happy to help!

Best,
    Blanca.

Paolo
    Participant

Hi Bianca,
    I just tried your procedure selecting all the contact in Icloud, but only one have been save as vCard file, can you please help me ?

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo,

Please try the following steps in order to export your iCloud contacts as a vCard file:

>First of all, open iCloud.
    >Open the Actions menu, then choose Select All to mark all of your contacts for export (or select one by one the ones you want to export)
    >Open the Actions menu again and choose Export to copy your contacts to a .vcf file. (Your contacts will still be available in your iCloud account.)
    >Select Export.

Hope this works for you!

Best,
    Blanca.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.