ShuttleCloud stopped working half way

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum ShuttleCloud stopped working half way

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Shmuli
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been migrating from my old gmail account to a new gmail account using gmail’s built in ShuttleCloud migration tool.

It started working well, and moved ~4.5k of my old emails (out of the ~13k in total) in the first few hours, and then seemed to just stop. It still says importing, but there has been no additional activity or movement in the last 24 hours.

So my questions are the following:

Is there any way to see the progress of the ShuttleCloud migration tool? Or kickstart it again? If I stop it and restart it, will if duplicate all the emails already moved?

If that is not possible then:

If that is not possible I can use the simple POP route or use to import all my mail, or got-your-back (https://github.com/jay0lee/got-your-back/wiki) to backup my old mailbox, and restore it to my new one. But will this create duplicates for the ~4.5k emails already transferred? And what about my sent items?

Thank you so much in advance 🙂

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am Elena from ShuttleCloud.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Firstly,
    · Open Gmail.
    · Click on the Gear icon on the top right-most side of the Gmail interface and then select “”Settings””.
    · Choose on Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
    · Go to “”Import mail and contacts”” section and “”stop”” the migration.

Then, click on “”Import from another address”” and start the migration following the steps in the following help article: https://help.shuttlecloud.com/how-do-i-import-email-from-another-email-account-into-a-gmail/

ShuttleCloud will restart the migration and won’t duplicate any emails. You will find all your old emails in the imported label.

Let me know if the issue persists.
    Thanks,

Elena.

Shmuli
    Participant

Hey Elena,

I did exactly as you said.

It’s been over 24 hours, and still the same issues…

Can I send you my emails addresses and have you look into it please?

Thanks,
    Shmuli

Shmuli
    Participant

Hi Elena,

It’s been 3 days and still nothing…

Please let me know if you are able to look into it!

Thanks,

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello Shmuli,

Our system will not migrate Spam, Trash or Drafts, as well as Chats stored within Gmail. These could be counting towards the number of messages in your origin account.

We do not save email addresses for security reasons, therefore we’re unable to specifically look into the status of your migration.

Thank you,
    Elena.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.