Shuttlecloud Migration simply stopped

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum Shuttlecloud Migration simply stopped

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

T
    Participant

Hello–

I’m in the process of moving from Yahoo Mail to Gmail, and I was using the Shuttlecloud Migration tool to transfer all of my emails and contacts over from Yahoo to Gmail. It was working (slowly), but after 20 folders, it simply stopped importing. The process had been running for about 8 days when it stopped.

I have a very large amount of email in Yahoo (about 27 GB stored in 40ish folders) and I was wondering if Shuttlecloud Migration has some kind of limit on how much it will transfer. Anyone know?

Also, is there a way to start the migration up again once it has stopped? Or is there a way to grab the rest of the emails?

Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks so much!

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello Mathew,

Sometimes a Yahoo security check will block the import. Did you receive any security emails in your Yahoo account? You can try adjusting your Yahoo security settings to allow temporary access by following the instructions under “Give temporary access while updating” here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

Google has also recently added a feature that blocks sign-in attempts from some apps and devices, which can cause the authorization error. You will want to log into your Gmail account, then visit this link to find the Less secure apps page, and click on “Turn on” to grant access.

You can restart your migration at any time as ShuttleCloud won’t duplicate any emails.

Thanks,
    Elena.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.