Other provider -> Gmail migration, is there a limitation on the number of emails

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum Other provider -> Gmail migration, is there a limitation on the number of emails

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Blanca 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Emilien
    Participant

Hello !

I am trying to migrate my emails from within Gmail. I already did that with an account containing 5000+ emails, but it is not working with the last account containing 20 000+ emails.

The response from the service is that there is a wrong username/password combination but the password is OK. I also tried to modify my password and run the import tool again and still have the same problem.

Is there a limitation in the migration tool ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Emilien,

I am Blanca from ShuttleCloud!

No, there is not a limitation on the number of emails the migration tool is able to migrate. The only consequence of migrating more emails is that it can take longer for the tool to migrate them, but there is not a limit to the number of emails you can migrate.

You may be able to migrate your emails using the “POP” option. (The “POP” option can copy email messages, but not labels or folders.)
    Here are the steps:

-Sign into your Gmail account.
    -In the top right, click the gear icon, and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
    -Click the “Accounts and Import” or “Accounts” tab.
    -In the “Check mail from other accounts” section, click “Add a mail account”.
    -Type the email address of your other Gmail account, then click “Next Step”.
    -Type your other Gmail password.
    -Also, type the POP Server pop.gmail.com and the POP port select 995.

RECOMMENDED: Check the boxes next to the options below:
    >“Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail”
    >“Label incoming messages”
    -Leave the other boxes unchecked.
    -Click “Add Account”.

Alternatively, there is also a free tool in the G Suite marketplace that can take of your request in less steps: https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/search/shuttlecloud

Let me know if the issue persists.
    Thanks,
    Blanca.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.