Importing Yahoo mail to Gmail only imported folders

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum Importing Yahoo mail to Gmail only imported folders

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Philip
    Participant

Hi,

From my Gmail account I ran the shuttlecloud import tool to import my yahoo mail. The process ran for about a day, but afterwards only my folders were migrated. My entire inbox (about 40,000 e-mails) was not migrated.

Also, while the e-mails were importing many valid e-mails were getting flagged by Gmail as spam, so I had to go into the spam folder in Gmail and manually move them out.

Could someone help with this please?

Thanks!

Andrea

Hi Philip,

My apologies for the delay in replying!

Each time you move an e-mail from the spam folder and each time you flag an e-mail as spam, you are training the spam filter so it will get better at properly blocking spam: https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6070440

Sometimes Yahoo blocks access to e-mails in large folders. The best workaround is to move the untransferred messages from your Inbox into a new folder. Here are the steps:
    1. Create a new folder in your Yahoo account. (e.g. “newest”)
    2. Move some of the e-mails from your Inbox to the new folder you created in Step 1 above.
    3. Start a new import.
    If this process works, repeat until all of your e-mails have been transferred.

Thanks,
    Andrea

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.