Importing Yahoo mail to Gmail only imported folders

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum Importing Yahoo mail to Gmail only imported folders

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Philip
    Participant

Hi,

From my Gmail account I ran the shuttlecloud import tool to import my yahoo mail. The process ran for about a day, but afterwards only my folders were migrated. My entire inbox (about 40,000 e-mails) was not migrated.

Also, while the e-mails were importing many valid e-mails were getting flagged by Gmail as spam, so I had to go into the spam folder in Gmail and manually move them out.

Could someone help with this please?

Thanks!

Andrea

Hi Philip,

My apologies for the delay in replying!

Each time you move an e-mail from the spam folder and each time you flag an e-mail as spam, you are training the spam filter so it will get better at properly blocking spam: https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6070440

Sometimes Yahoo blocks access to e-mails in large folders. The best workaround is to move the untransferred messages from your Inbox into a new folder. Here are the steps:
    1. Create a new folder in your Yahoo account. (e.g. “newest”)
    2. Move some of the e-mails from your Inbox to the new folder you created in Step 1 above.
    3. Start a new import.
    If this process works, repeat until all of your e-mails have been transferred.

Thanks,
    Andrea

Aakshit
    Participant

Hey!

I think your emails are going to spam folder in Gmail because of the IP Address used by the tool migrate the emails. You can easily encounter this issue by using Yahoo Backup Tool designed by MailConverterTools. This tool will not create any spam folder and migrate all of your Yahoo Mails without any data alteration.

Jesse
    Participant

Open Gmail. Go to Gmail in your computer’s web browser. Doing so will open your Gmail inbox if you’re logged into your Gmail account.
    If you aren’t logged into Gmail, enter your email address and password before proceeding.
    Click the “Settings” Image titled Android7settings.png gear. It’s in the top-right side of the Gmail inbox. A drop-down menu will appear.
    Click Settings. This option is in the middle of the drop-down menu. Doing so opens the Settings page.
    Click the Accounts and Import tab. You’ll find this tab near the top of the Settings page.
    Click Import mail and contacts. It’s a link in the “Import mail and contacts” section. Clicking this link prompts a pop-up window.
    You’ll instead click Import from another address here if you’ve previously imported information from a different email account.
    Enter your Yahoo email address when prompted. You’ll do this in the text field that’s in the middle of the pop-up window.
    Click Continue. It’s below the text field. Doing so will allow Gmail to find your Yahoo address; when it does, a new window will open.
    Sign into your Yahoo email account. In the new window that opens, enter your Yahoo email address, click Next, enter your email account’s password, and click Sign in.
    Click Agree when prompted. It’s a blue button near the bottom of the window.
    Close the Yahoo login window. This will redirect your focus back to the other pop-up window.
    Click Start import. It’s a grey button at the bottom of the window.
    You can first uncheck boxes in this window to prevent some features (e.g., importing of new Yahoo email for 30 days).
    Click OK. This button is at the bottom of the window. Doing so will prompt Gmail to begin importing your Yahoo mail conversations and contacts.
    Per Google’s notes, it may take up to two days for new emails to show up in your Gmail inbox.
    You can close the Settings page without impeding the import process.

Hope this information is helpful to you.
    Apps4Rent | O365CloudExperts | CloudDesktopOnline

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.