Importing Old E-Mails from Outlook Express to G-Mail

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum Importing Old E-Mails from Outlook Express to G-Mail

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant

My optimum account and e-mail address will become defunct in a couple of days, and I wish to save/forward all my old e-mail from Outlook Express to my g-mail acct. I thought I could do it via Windows Essentials Live, but I can’t figure out how to do it. Any thoughts on how I can do it, other than forwarding the contents of each folder manually?

I added my optonline/outlook to my gmail acct, so I would get any new outlook mail in my gmail box too, and it transferred about two weeks worth of past mail, but there is obviously much more to transfer Any ideas? Thanks.

Andrea

Hi Steven,

Sorry for the troubles! Gmail can only access and import emails and contacts that are available in your online Optimum webmail account. Gmail cannot import emails and contacts directly from Outlook Express because Outlook Express stores your emails on your computer (not on Optimum’s servers, where Gmail can access them). It sounds like Outlook Express is only syncing the past two weeks of mail with your online Optimum account.

If you get in touch with Optimum directly, they should be able to help you change your settings so all of your email in Outlook Express is synced with your online Optimum webmail account. Once the emails are available in your Optimum webmail account, then Gmail should be able to access and import them.

Please let me know whether that works for you!

Best,
    Andrea

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.