I did not authorize access

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum I did not authorize access

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Blanca 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gin
    Participant

Until today I did not know that this app or technology existed. Yet I see that it is accessing my account and doing who-knows-what. Can someone tell me how it got in there and how I make sure it doesn’t get back in??

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Gin,

I am Blanca from ShuttleCloud.

If you have imported email and/or contacts into your Gmail account, you utilized the Gmail+ShuttleCloud import tool.

ShuttleCloud is partnered and integrated natively within Gmail and Google Contacts to provide users with the ability to import email & contacts into Google’s ecosystem. It is a completely safe tool!

If you wish, once you complete your import you can remove access to our app by utilizing the following steps:

How to remove ShuttleCloud Migration App from your Google Account.

Best,
    Blanca.

Jay
    Participant

I tried to remove/uninstall ShuttleCloud Migration from my Goggle account using the steps outlined above. When I arrive at the “permissions” page there are no apps in the list. But, on the “recent security events” page it is definitely there, installed in my account from the United States (I’m in Canada) on October 7th. I cannot recall migrating contacts to my account from any other account.

Please reply with up to date instructions on how to remove this app from my account. Thank you, in advance.

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Jay,

Please try following these steps:

>First, access your Google Account´s Panel.
    >Click “Sign in and security”
    >Select “Apps with account access”
    >You will find the ShuttleCloud Migration App in “Third party apps with account access” for which there is an option of “Remove access” to this specific app. Once you click that option, the app will be removed from your account.

Hope these steps work!

Best,
    Blanca.

Brad
    Participant

Hello,

I found this was used to access my data without my knowledge or consent by a third party on June 9, 2018. Separately, I’m finding Acronis may have also been used to make an image of my entire system and who knows how many details (unfortunately I am having zero luck actually finding a person to help me there and am very frustrated and scared with what has been accessed).

I need to find out who did this and obtain as many details of the events that transpired with ShuttleCloud. Who can I speak with about this request? Also, my computer is set up using a Microsoft Outlook account and I am not familiar with this service. Would Google/Gmail be the only link possible with your services or can an “@outlook.com” account also be used? Please advise and thank you much for your help.

Regards,
    Nervous About My Jacked Data Guy

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Brad,

If you imported email and contacts into Gmail you utilized the Gmail+ShuttleCloud import tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEeorOjbbNU

ShuttleCloud is partnered and integrated natively within Gmail to provide users with the ability to import email & contacts into Google’s ecosystem.

Once you complete your import you can remove access to our app by utilizing the following steps: https://help.shuttlecloud.com/remove-shuttlecloud-migration-app-google-account/

To answer your specific questions:
    1. ShuttleCloud is not Acronis and we can’t answer any Acronis related questions.
    2. ShuttleCloud cannot provide you with account related information, as we dont store any user data from our migrations.
    3. You are correct: Google/Gmail would be the only link to access our services, and provide you with email and contacts import into Gmail.

Hope you find this helpful!

Best,
    Blanca.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.