How to migrate using cutover migration method?

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum How to migrate using cutover migration method?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Akshay 2 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The
    Participant

Hello,

I want to migrate from Exchange Server to Office 365 using a cutover migration because I am migrating only 105 mailboxes. How do I do this?

Please give me a step-by-step guide if possible. No need to elaborate on the details though if you can that would be much appreciated.

TDQ

Harman
    Participant

You can refer to this article which can guide you with step to step guide.

Migrate Exchange to Office 365 Using Cutover Migration

Akshay
    Participant

Setting up an email cutover migration to Office 365 requires careful planning. Before you begin, here are a few things to consider:

You can move your entire email organization to Office 365 over a few days and manage user accounts in Office 365.

A maximum of 2,000 mailboxes can be migrated to Office 365 by using a cutover Exchange migration. However, it is recommended that you only migrate 150 mailboxes.

The primary domain name used for your on-premises Exchange organization must be an accepted as a domain owned by you in your Office 365 organization.

After the migration is complete, each user who has an on-premises Exchange mailbox also will be a new user in Office 365. But you’ll still have to assign licenses to users whose mailboxes are migrated.

You can learn more about Cutover migration and Office 365 transition.

Regardsm
    Akshay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.