December 13, 2018 at 04:02 #576
I am planning to import all my Yahoo emails into gmail. I have not yet tried the import because I want to make sure I do it properly on the first attempt.
I want to transfer the following folders:
2) a folder called “Work”
3) the Sent folder containing the emails I previously sent.
What is the right way to transfer the emails? Do I need to move all the emails from the Sent folder and Work folder into the Inbox before starting the import? Please advise.December 13, 2018 at 13:45 #577
By following the instructions detailed below, you will be able to transfer all your emails from your Yahoo inbox, folders and Sent mail without having to move anything to the Inbox!
1) Go to your Gmail inbox. Select the gear-icon button in the upper-right corner and click Settings.
2) Select Accounts and Import at the top of the page.
3) Click Import mail and contacts.
4) You can now enter your Yahoo email address and password and grant the permissions the page will ask for.
5) You will be asked if you want to import contacts, mails and forwarding for the next 30 days. You can indicate what you want to import by selecting the correspondent boxes.
6) Click “Start import” and the process will begin!
I hope this was helpful!
Blanca.December 13, 2018 at 22:14 #578
Thank you for the prompt reply, Blanca. The import is underway.December 14, 2018 at 13:06 #580
Great! I’m happy that worked for you!
Please let me know if we can help you with anything else!
Blanca.December 21, 2018 at 19:57 #592
I think only the inbox folder migrates even if you check off all the boxes. Can someone confirm?December 24, 2018 at 13:42 #593
The ShuttleCloud Email Migration tool will transfer all the emails (Inbox & Sent), folders and labels you have in your source account to your chosen destination account!
Please let us know if you have any further doubt or there is anything we can help you with and we will happily assist you!
Blanca.January 12, 2019 at 01:45 #601
I followed all the steps you outlined in reply #577 except I was not asked any questions per step 5. Some emails have transferred, but I mostly get Connection Error messages.January 12, 2019 at 19:33 #602
I’m trying to import yahoo email and contacts however it keeps wanting to open up under my wifes email as she did hers first. How do I change it to my email that i want to import?January 14, 2019 at 10:02 #603
I’m sorry for the trouble you’re having importing your emails! Can you please specify in which precise steps of the process you are getting connection error messages?
Blanca.January 14, 2019 at 10:11 #604
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.