How to import Yahoo SENT mail and other folders

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum How to import Yahoo SENT mail and other folders

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Blanca 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

I am planning to import all my Yahoo emails into gmail. I have not yet tried the import because I want to make sure I do it properly on the first attempt.

I want to transfer the following folders:
    1) Inbox
    2) a folder called “Work”
    3) the Sent folder containing the emails I previously sent.

What is the right way to transfer the emails? Do I need to move all the emails from the Sent folder and Work folder into the Inbox before starting the import? Please advise.

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Steve!

By following the instructions detailed below, you will be able to transfer all your emails from your Yahoo inbox, folders and Sent mail without having to move anything to the Inbox!

1) Go to your Gmail inbox. Select the gear-icon button in the upper-right corner and click Settings.
    2) Select Accounts and Import at the top of the page.
    3) Click Import mail and contacts.
    4) You can now enter your Yahoo email address and password and grant the permissions the page will ask for.
    5) You will be asked if you want to import contacts, mails and forwarding for the next 30 days. You can indicate what you want to import by selecting the correspondent boxes.
    6) Click “Start import” and the process will begin!

I hope this was helpful!

Best,
    Blanca.

Steve
    Participant

Thank you for the prompt reply, Blanca. The import is underway.

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Great! I’m happy that worked for you!

Please let me know if we can help you with anything else!

Best,
    Blanca.

Jane
    Participant

I think only the inbox folder migrates even if you check off all the boxes. Can someone confirm?

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Jane,

The ShuttleCloud Email Migration tool will transfer all the emails (Inbox & Sent), folders and labels you have in your source account to your chosen destination account!

Please let us know if you have any further doubt or there is anything we can help you with and we will happily assist you!

Best,
    Blanca.

Gary
    Participant

I followed all the steps you outlined in reply #577 except I was not asked any questions per step 5. Some emails have transferred, but I mostly get Connection Error messages.

Kim
    Participant

I’m trying to import yahoo email and contacts however it keeps wanting to open up under my wifes email as she did hers first. How do I change it to my email that i want to import?

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

I’m sorry for the trouble you’re having importing your emails! Can you please specify in which precise steps of the process you are getting connection error messages?

Thanks!
    Blanca.

Blanca
    Keymaster

Hi Kim,

I would suggest you attempt the import through an incognito window.

Let me know if this works for you!
    Best,
    Blanca.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.