G mail import tool – Process

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum G mail import tool – Process

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rodger
    Participant

Hello

I’m considering whether to try and import mail and contacts from an AOL Mail account into a Google mail account.

The e mail data chiefly comprises mail saved in two folders (archive received, archive sent). There are also some received and some sent e mails sitting in the AOL saved mail folder (these could be moved to the relevant archive folders if required). The data is not extensive – about 35MB.

1) will the G mail import tool work with AOL Mail?

2) If so, do I need make any preparations (for example, by arranging the data in certain places (folders))?

3) After initiating the process how do I monitor progress?

I hope these questions don’t seem too simple but while the process appears superficially a very attractive one it seems to me the scope for things to go wrong is pretty wide.

I look forward to receiving your comments.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello Rodger,

My name is Elena, and I’m glad to help you out with your questions.

1) Yes, AOL is a supported provider.

2) No, you do not. Our import tool will replicate your previous folder structure into Gmail under a Gmail parent label/folder that is created utilizing your previous email as a label name (e.g. RodgersOldEmail@Aol.com)

3) You will be notified when the import is complete. Also, you can check the status of the import: settings > Accounts and Import > Import mail and contacts.

Hope everything is clear. If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to contact me again. Don’t worry the process is straightforward and the “scope” of things to go wrong is not wide, what you expect is what you will get!

Thanks,
    Elena.

Rodger
    Participant

Elena

Many thanks for your response here (and also by e mail). I apologise for my late acknowledgement but I’ve been away on holiday since 28 May. In fact I’d completely forgotten this was on my things to do list until I saw your e mail!

I’m encouraged by your reply and shall give it a go.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello Rodger,
    Don’t worry at all.
    Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
    Elena.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.