Email migration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angel 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Adrian
    Participant

Hi there,

i have a free business GoogleApps account because it was created five years ago.

Now, i need to move all my users to a new domain, so i need to pay GoogleApps for business for this new domain. Furthermore, i need to migrate the emails too.

However, i’ve seen that the migration functionality does not work on free accounts, and i cannot reach Google to make this question: Can i move my emails without switching the old-domain to paid version and keeping the benefits?

Hope you guys can help me

Best!

Angel
    Keymaster

Hello Adrian,

You should be able to migrate your emails over if you follow these steps:

1. Sign in to the Google Admin console.
    2. From the dashboard, go to Apps > G Suite > Gmail > Advanced settings.
    3. In the Setup section, check the box next to User email uploads to let users see the option to import mail and contacts from webmail or POP3 accounts, such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, or AOL.

Tip: If you don’t see this section, select your account’s top-level organization under Organizations at the top of the page. This feature isn’t available when a sub-organization is selected.

4. Click Save. There might be a delay before changes take effect.
    5. Tell your users to go to Gmail > Settings to start the import process.

In Gmail settings, you just need to follow the steps located in the following blog post.

If for some reason you free legacy account will not let you enable email migration from admin.google.com I would try the Carbo marketplace app. For help with the Carbo app, please see http://support.getcarbo.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.