Authentication error – yahoo (was verizon.net)

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum Authentication error – yahoo (was verizon.net)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bonnie
    Participant

Hi, When I try to import from yahoo to gmail I get an authentication error. I even paid for the yahoo email upgrade.

This is the error message I get, I’ve tried several times, I get to the sign in page from yahoo, sign in and it appears to authenticate but then it just doesn’t work and I get this error:
    Authentication error
    We were unable to connect to your old email account, likely because you are logged into a different account with that provider in another browser tab. Please sign out of all non-Gmail email accounts in other browser tabs (for example Yahoo Mail or Outlook.com), then close this window and try again.

Please close this window and restart the authentication process.

Andrea

Hi Bonnie,
    Sorry for the trouble!

Sometimes a Yahoo security check will block the import. Did you receive any security emails in your Yahoo account?

You can try adjusting your Yahoo security settings to allow temporary access by following the instructions under “Give temporary access while updating” here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

Bonnie
    Participant

Hi Andrea,
    Thanks for the reply. I have turned on the feature that lets less secure apps access my email. We are not sure why it won’t work but it might have something to do with how my verizon dsl email account got moved over to yahoo. There are a bunch of folders on the yahoo account that need to be moved to gmail. Is there any way it can be done?

Andrea

Hi Bonnie,

Sorry you’re still having trouble!

When you have a chance, “Unlock the Captcha” for your Gmail account by visiting this link: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

After you’ve done that, can you sign out of all of your non-Gmail accounts, and then retry the import again?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.