I get this error every time I try to import mail and contacts.
“We were unable to connect to your old email account, likely because you are logged into a different account with that provider in another browser tab. Please sign out of all non-Gmail email accounts in other browser tabs (for example Yahoo Mail or Outlook.com), then close this window and try again.
Please close this window and restart the authentication process.”
It seems to happen sometimes re-start everything and make sure you’re following the below steps properly.
1. Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using an administrator account, not your current account.
2. From the Admin console Home page, go to Data migration.
To see Data migration, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
3. Select the Email option and click Continue.
4. From the Migration source list, select Gmail.
5. Click Connect.
6. Do one of the following actions:
– Accept the default options.
– Chose whether to migrate deleted and junk email and whether to exclude specified folders from the migration.
7. Click Select Users.
8. Hover over Add Add and click Select User Select user.
9. In the Migrate From field, enter the user’s old Gmail address.
10. In the Migrate To field, start typing the user’s new G Suite email address and choose from the list of suggested users.
11. Click Authorize. The Gmail account owner may be prompted to sign into Gmail.
12. The Gmail account owner must review the request for permission to view and manage their mail and click Allow.
13. Copy the authorization code and paste in the Authorization Code field in the Admin console.
Note: You have 10 minutes to copy and paste the code before it expires.
14. Click Start.
15. (Optional) To migrate Gmail for another user, repeat these steps.
Tip: To exit a completed migration, click Settings Settings > Exit migration.