Attempting to import from MSN Premium to Gmail

Home Forums Import mail and contacts into Gmail – help forum Attempting to import from MSN Premium to Gmail

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Angel 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Charles
    Participant

Continuously receiving the following error; This account cannot be imported right now. Please try again later. I successfully previously imported using two other accounts (MSN to Gmail). Doing the same thing but it now fails. I’ve tried making a number of changes to various settings but nothing has worked for me. Help.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello Charles,

To understand your issue, which provider are you transferring from? Also, what are you interested in importing: Mail, contacts or both?

Thanks,
    Elena.

Charles
    Participant

Attempting to transfer e-mails from MSN Premium to Gmail (don’t need the contacts). I’ve scanned the internet and tried numerous changes to the settings based on some of the conversations I’ve read. Unfortunately I haven’t been very diligent about documenting what I have already tried.

Elena
    Keymaster

Are you following the instructions on our help article to import? Please check it out and if the issue persists, share a screenshot of the error you are seeing.

Thanks,
    Elena

Charles
    Participant

After I provide the password for the old MSN email I receive the following;

Loading cbimonte7@gmail.com

This is taking longer than usual. *Try reloading the page*
    <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=635e693a2e&jsver=iEEFj798MIw.en.&view=mip&fs=1&tf=1&ver=iEEFj798MIw.en.&am=!ydM9t4emX6Z3m_2UkS5IYuthocDfU3fzrEY6bXf2wvlZ7Zsa-E-tcwm6GuO9k6OpiTO5XDw9nFfNybwjA3eoEvZVUPYaHZo93g&gt;.

If that doesn’t work, you can:

1. Disable Labs and try again
    <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=635e693a2e&jsver=iEEFj798MIw.en.&view=mip&fs=1&tf=1&ver=iEEFj798MIw.en.&am=!ydM9t4emX6Z3m_2UkS5IYuthocDfU3fzrEY6bXf2wvlZ7Zsa-E-tcwm6GuO9k6OpiTO5XDw9nFfNybwjA3eoEvZVUPYaHZo93g&labs=0&gt;.
    If you’re on a slow connection, try .

3. For more troubleshooting tips, visit the help center
    <https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8767?src=sl&hl=en&gt;.

Error
    This account cannot be imported right now. Please try again later.

I had not previously tried to cut and paste the information above and this is the first time I am seeing additional information. When the transfer fails all I see in the window is the following;

Error
    This account cannot be imported right now. Please try again later.

Interesting.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello again,
    What is the email address you’re trying to import from?
    Thanks,

Charles
    Participant

cbbc7@msn.com is the old e-mail address.

Angel
    Keymaster

Hello Charles,

Were you able to complete the migration? On our end @msn.com, emails should not give an error.

You mentioned you had completed a couple of migrations before, where those @msn addresses as well? Just not the premium version.

claude
    Participant

`

Charles
    Participant

I am still unable to migrate e-mails from cbbc7@msn.com. A few months ago I successfully migrated e-mails from a different msn.com (premium) address. Since there were only a few steps I’m fairly certain I did not initially do anything different. Since I have been unable to complete this second migration I have played with various settings. Are there any settings I should review?

Angel
    Keymaster

Hello Charles,

Do you still have access to the MSN premium account, the error you’re receiving would indicate that this account does not exist. I would like to confirm if you still have access before providing any additional troubleshooting ideas.

Charles
    Participant

Yes, I still have access to cbbc7@msn.com. These are the instructions I used when I successfully imported emails from another MSN premium account to another Gmail account.

1. Start gmail and click the Settings button.
    2. Select the Accounts and Import tab.
    3. Click the Add POP3 email account button.
    4. Fill out the information in the “wizard” that appears.

Angel
    Keymaster

Hello Charles, ShuttleCoud’s process would not ask you for POP settings. Can you retry the following steps:

1. Login to your Gmail account.
    2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right-most side of the Gmail interface and then select “Settings”.
    3. Under Accounts and Import select Import mail and contacts.
    4. Enter your account email address and then select Continue.
    5. Follow the steps on the screen.
    6. Click Start import.

Let me know any specific error you receive on your end.

Charles
    Participant

PEBKAC. I probably don’t have to tell you what that means. I successfully did this before but I must have become complacent and skipped a step. Following your instructions (and not making any assumptions) I have successfully migrated the second account. Thank you very much and I’m sorry you and your team had to spend so much time on this problem. This issue can be closed.

Angel
    Keymaster

No problem Charles — we like to go the extra mile for all our users. 🙂

Have a great weekend!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.